Monday, January 5, 2009

A waste of $1.50 spurns Triad Media Watch

http://www.echo-media.com/samples/GreensboroNewsRecord.jpg This past Sunday was the first time in a long time that I bought a Sunday News & Record. Unfortunately, it was a $1.50 I could've kept. This past Sunday's paper was probably the worst one I've seen in memory. In the metro section was very very little local copy. A lot of state wire copy. Stories that could've been in the Life section. Stories that could've been part of the "A" section.

It was that disappointing section that I decided to march ahead with an idea that I have had for a while now to begin putting together Triad Media Watch.

From the one that brings you "Guilford School Watch," TMW will be a regular examination of all things related to local media, print, TV and radio. This area lacks a regular "media columnist" so a lot of people, especially in Guilford County's active blogging community have a lot to say about the direction of local media. I hope to provide that outlet here on TMW.

So welcome, I'm glad you're here. Let me know what you would like to see and see more of. Please comment regularly and participate. And don't hold back.

Welcome to Triad Media Watch.

E.C. :)

1 comment:

Roch101 said...

Great! Great, great idea!