Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dave Goren thanks his fans

The image “http://www.wxii12.com/2007/0103/10660307_240X180.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. A pleasant surprise opening up this morning's News & Record...a letter from former NBC-12 WXII sports anchor Dave Goren, who was let go last month after his contract was not renewed (see previous coverage here).

Here's Dave...in his own words:

Last month, WXII (Channel 12) elected not to renew my contract. So, after 20 years with the station, I will no longer be able to continue my on-air relationship with Triad viewers.

In those 20 years, I have come to think of those viewers as friends, and I would like to thank them for all of their support, encouragement and friendship.

Since news of my situation was reported, I have been overwhelmed with kindness from people I’ve worked with over the years, people whose stories I’ve covered, and people who were complete strangers. But I have come to find out that those people were never really strangers at all.

When you do your job in a public setting, people feel they know you. And I am the one who is so much better off for having known them.

So, thanks to all of you!

Dave Goren
Winston-Salem

**************************

All the best, Dave.

E.C. :)


No comments: