Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jazz artist Stanley Jordan at High Point Theater this Saturday

The image “http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:Hjje3NP4njGMLM:http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NFQWpmqEL._SS400_.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. A little off-topic, but I said before that I'm a big jazz fan, and I'm a big connoisseur of contemporary jazz. Having said that, one of the things I'd like to do in the coming months is to profile those in the local media scene who have some sort of relationship with jazz, be it jazz DJs (WNAA and WSNC come to mind) or what-have-you.

Anyway, just a shameless plug (I'm not being paid for this) for this Saturday's jazz concert at the High Point Theater featuring contemporary jazz guitarist and legendary recording artist Stanley Jordan. I don't have tickets, can't afford tickets, but I saw this guy in concert many years ago and he can burn up some guitar.

The show is this Saturday, April 4. Doors open at 8:00 PM. Tickets are $25
orchestra, $20 balcony, available through www.highpointtheatre.com. Kudos to the High Point Theater for bringing this guy to town.

E.C. :)

No comments: