Friday, February 13, 2009

Is there a market for "Progressive" Talk Radio in the Triad?

The image “http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:Ca_ObvD0fvVIwM:http://frecklescassie.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/air_america_radio.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. I'm a talk radio junkie, have been for years. I grew up in Chicago listening to WVON, a predominantly urban talk radio station in Chicago, along with the big talker WLS.

So I'm wondering about this debate about bringing back the fairness doctrine by some in Washington. And if there is a potential market for progressive talk radio in the Triad.

I'm for freedom of speech and freedom of expression, so I don't think that forced equal time by the government is the right way to go. But I will say that I do often desire to hear other thoughts and opinions on the radio. Would Air America or other progressive outlets find a niche here in this area? Is there a market for other viewpoints on local radio in this area?

Thoughts.

E.C. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is already in the neighborhood called 101.1 wztk Brad and Britt

Anonymous said...

Gee I sure hope so. We have lived in Denver for three years and enjoyed porgressive talk radio immensely. We are getting ready to return to the triad and fervently hope to have the option of something other than WFDD (which is great) and that disgusting DittoHead talk on the other stations.